I am humbled and amazed at all that God has done in the past two years. It’s hard to believe that just a couple years ago, God whispered the dream of Courage House into my heart—a home for children rescued out of sex trafficking, a home in my city and in every city around the world where there is need. Here we are with 2010 behind us and 2011 shining brightly ahead, and that dream is a reality. I am humbled and amazed at all that God has done. In just the past two years, by His grace, C2BU has:
- Purchased 50 acres of land, a house, and a barn for the first U.S. Courage House in rural Northern California. We were also given seven horses to begin an equestrian program.
- Partnered with Sacramento’s Law Enforcement Chaplaincy to train and commission over 250 volunteers to be equipped in the rescue and restoration of trafficked children.
- Infiltrated Juvenile Hall with caring, trained volunteers to bring a message to incarcerated youth that they were created on purpose.
- Partnered with law enforcement, state and national law makers, the FBI, and prosecutors to host forums, concerts, and awareness events to educate the community on the severity and frequency of this crime against our children.
- Partnered with the California Highway Patrol Academy to train cadets and officers in identifying victims.
- Partnered with and provided trained volunteers for the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) organization in the Sacramento area.
- Equipped, encouraged, and empowered a family to travel to Delhi, India to begin Courage Home, a transitional home for girls rescued from sex trafficking.
- Held government, community, and faith-based events in Honolulu, Hawaii at the request of several organizations interested in bringing a Courage House to Hawaii.
- Held the first Men, Women & Teen Courage Conference, equipping, encouraging and empowering individuals to be and do all God created them for.
- Opened Courage House Nor Cal to two young women over 18 who were once victims, but who are now victorious and in training to be C2BU staff and peer mentors at Courage House while they pursue degrees.
- Partnered with the Sacramento Sherriff’s Department to obtain a federal grant allowing C2BU to hire a group home administrator and lead therapist.
- After a nine month process completed by a volunteer team, C2BU submitted our 900 page application and program statement to the State of California, petitioning for a group home license.
- Leased a building and land in Tanzania, Africa for free for the first International Courage House and renovated and restored the building to make it a home.
- Obtained government approval to house children rescued from sex trafficking in Tanzania.
- Trained pastors in Tanzania, Africa on how to lovingly respond to sex trafficking and prostitution in their villages.
- Through a volunteer team comprised of professionals in the community, designed a master plan and drawing to be submitted to the county for approval of ten cottages and renovations to the current structure in Northern California so that we can provide homes to approximately 60 rescued children.
- Expanded C2BU Board of Directors from three members to nine.
It has been encouraging and awe inspiring to observe all that God has done through C2BU, our donors, and volunteers. If you have given of your time or your finances to support our cause of rescuing and restoring children from trafficking, thank you! As we start this new year together, I reflect on the past with gratefulness and I look to the future with eager anticipation, for this is truly just the beginning.